Wondering how to lay off the enormous fat hanging down your upper arm? We have a few suggestions that will help solve that problem. Sometimes, shedding body fat can be tricky, especially when it’s concentrated in a specific area of your body. The arm, in particular, is one of those areas that people find it difficult to tone down. However, there are methods that can be used to achieve that desired result.
The following are several ways to tone down the fat in your arm.
- General Body Workout: It is important for you to know that although you want to trim the fat in the arm area, you should focus on the use of exercise that will bring about an overall weight loss. Focusing your attention only on the arm is likely not to give you the desired result.
- Work on Your Diet: Working on your diet is one of the sure ways to reduce arm fat. Be sure to increase your fiber and protein intake. Fiber helps you feel fuller for longer thereby reducing the frequent urge to eat. Fiber can be gotten from fruits, legumes, nuts, seeds, and vegetables. It is also important to increase your protein intake as proteins help to reduce excess body fat by reducing your food cravings. Proteins are gotten from meat, poultry, seafood, legumes, eggs, and dairy products.
- Engage More in Cardio Exercises: Physical exercises like skipping, biking, rowing, swimming, and jogging are cardio exercises. They focus on elevating your heart rate to burn calories. When trying to reduce arm fat, it is recommended to do at least 30mins of cardio daily.
- Avoid Consuming Refined Carbohydrates: When carbohydrates are refined, the end product becomes lower in key vitamins and minerals essential for healthy body growth. They tend to become higher in calories and lower in fiber thereby increasing food cravings and weight gain. Examples of refined carbohydrates are white bread, breakfast cereals, noodles, etc.
- Sleep: As you make an effort to control your diet, you also endeavor to regulate your sleep. Sleep plays a very important role in regulating your appetite thereby reducing your weight. Ensure you get enough sleep each night. Set a regular schedule for going to bed and avoid harmful drugs like caffeine and nicotine.
- Stay Hydrated: Water helps to temporarily increase metabolism. Drinking more water can make you feel fuller and hydrated thereby reducing hunger. However, avoid sugar-sweetened drinks like soda or juice. Regular consumption of these high-calorie drinks can contribute to weight gain over time.
- Weight Lifting and Pushups: These exercises make it easy to build your biceps quickly and helps strengthen and tone your shoulders, which can make your arms look leaner, as well. Push-ups help tone your biceps and triceps thereby making you feel lean.