If you wish to get a covid vaccine in Massachusetts then you need to register to get vaccinated. Registration requires that you schedule an appointment prior to your vaccination date. Here are things you need to know before you begin your covid vaccine registration.
The covid vaccine actually comes in doses so if this is your first vaccination of covid or if you are yet to get your vaccine, you can schedule an appointment online or walk into a clinic. However, you cannot choose which vaccine you get especially if you are a first-timer as they will begin with the first dose.
Before you choose a location for the covid vaccine in Massachusetts, ensure you talk to your doctor especially if you want to get children vaccinated. This is because some locations may only serve certain ages so it’s good to select the right location for you or your kids. The location could be regional collaboratives, health care, pharmacies, grocery stores, or local Boards of Health.
Moreso, there are different types of covid vaccine and the mode of administration differ. The Pfizer, Moderna, and Novavax vaccines require two doses while the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine is only one dose. You should make sure you have a second appointment scheduled from the same site, or know how to schedule it, before leaving your first appointment.
Although the covid vaccine acts as a preventive measure for the virus, it also has side effects. The most commonly-reported COVID-19 vaccine’s side effects are; headache, fatigue, muscle and joint pain, fever and chills, and pain at the site of injection. The occurrence of these adverse events is consistent with what is already known about the vaccines from clinical trials.
How to Register For Covid Vaccine in Massachusetts
Registration of covid vaccine can be done offline or online.
For online registration, follow these steps:
- Visit the website to search for a vaccine appointment at locations near you in Massachusetts.
- Use the Massachusetts vaccine website to schedule a first dose for anyone 6 months old or older. Anyone under 18 years of age will need parent or guardian consent. Ensure you give your consent for minors.
- On the vaccination day, do not arrive earlier than 15 minutes before your appointment time. If you arrive early, please wait in your car until your appointment time.
For offline registration.
- Visit any covid vaccination center/clinic in Massachusetts.
- Call toll-free 2-1-1 or (877) 211-6277 for registration and assistance.