Unlike an informal letter, a formal letter is less casual and therefore has specific procedures that must be taken to achieve the desired result.
How to Write a Formal Excuse Letter
These tips can help you write an effective excuse letter
- Ensure that you maintain a polite tone while writing. Choose your words carefully.
- State the reason for being absent honestly.
- Remember to punctuate correctly.
- Your letter should be short and straight to the point.
- Avoid unnecessary topics.
- In the case of illness, you may need to attach a doctor’s note to authenticate your letter.
Read: Where To Sell Old Books
Below is an example of an informal excuse letter template:
Subject Of Letter:
The subject of your letter can be:
- Request for Absence From Work/Duty/School.
- Application For Leave of Absence.
Main Point Of Letter
Here, state the reason for your absence. Avoid repeating words.
The following words can be used to conclude your letter:
- I look forward to receiving your reply.
- Thank you for your co-operation.