You don’t have to be stuck with an inactive or unwanted board on Pinterest when you can actually leave. Whatever your reasons, your user experience on Pinterest allows you to delete or leave a Pinterest board as desired.
What is a Pinterest Board? A Pinterest board is a collection where users save specific pins. Usually, each board has its own independent theme or purpose. As a Pinterest user, you select your preferences and interest to be displayed on your home screen. To this effect, your Pinterest profile is made up of multiple boards that cover each of your interests.
This may sound complicated if you are a newbie on the platform but with time you will grab the memo. And if you have been using Pinterest for a long time, you probably have joined several Pinterest boards by now. Whenever you discover that you do not want to be part of a Pinterest board any more, you can either delete or leave the Pinterest board.
There are several reasons why you may wish to leave a board; it could be due to one or more of the following:
- Lack of interest in the content of the Pinterest Board. Whatever interest you declared on Pinterest, the themes and topics will always be displayed on your home screen and once you joined a Board, you will be able to see the pins from that Board pop-up in your feed. However, if you are no longer interested in that topic or theme, you can opt to leave the Board.
- Due to a lack of activity. You may have joined based on the initial pins that caught your interest. If at some point you no longer feel that you are getting the contents you were hoping for, you might as well take a walk.
- Accidently Joined – Sometimes, you may discover that you accidentally joined a board. The best solution Pinterest has is the option of leaving that Board immediately.
How to Leave a Pinterest Board
- Log in to your Pinterest account.
- Go to your Profile on Pinterest, and click on “Boards.”
- Choose the Board that you want to leave.
- Click the “Edit” icon above.
- Click “Leave Board”
- From the pop-up menu click on “Leave” to confirm leaving the Board.
Once you leave the Board, you will no longer be able to post or see the Board’s pins.
Aside from leaving the board, you can also delete the board to stop unwanted Board pins. To delete Board, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Pinterest page.
- Select the Board to be deleted.
- Click Edit (pencil icon) on the far left.
- Click the grey “Delete” button.
- Confirm “Delete Forever“