How to activate O2 sim card abroad
9th March 2023
We want to teach you how to activate an O2 sim card abroad. From time to time we travel out of our country of residence for business, meetings, occasions, or vacations, and this will definitely affect our sim and its network. If you reside in the UK and travelled out for personal reasons, and you wish to activate your sim, this article is for you.
There’s a difference between travelling with an activated sim and travelling with a sim that’s not activated. The latter is more difficult to handle, let’s see how we can solve this issue.
How to activate an O2 sim card abroad
- The first step you can take is to contact o2 customer care through their virtual assistant which can put you in touch with someone who can help.
- The solution I can recommend to you will be a bit complicated but you have to go through with it. First, you can’t activate your sim outside the UK, once you leave the country there’s no way you can activate it.
- Here’s what to do, if you have someone in the UK, you can purchase a new sim through their website and send it to the address of your friend or relation.
- Contact customer care to do a sim swap with your number in the new sim.
- Then your friend or relation can send the new sim with your swapped number to your new country of residence.
Read: How to Contact Talk Talk From Mobile