You may have experienced this issue before, or maybe you are experiencing it now. Facebook is a place we get the latest updates from friends, pages, and groups we follow. When you are stuck with the same updates in your newsfeed and there are no new updates coming through then there’s a problem. Follow the below troubleshooting steps to find where the issue is coming from.
Why is my Facebook not updating?
- Try a different browser because the issue might be coming from the current browser you are using. You can try using either of these browsers; Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
- Slow Internet: This could also be the cause for your Facebook not updating. You can wait till when your internet starts to work fine or change the network.
- Facebook is Down: The Facebook server could be down at the moment so you need to exercise some patience before you get back online.
- If you are making use of your mobile app then you can clear your cache files and data. If this doesn’t solve the issue then you need to uninstall and install the Facebook app.
- News Feed Preferences: Login to your Facebook account and click on the drop-down arrow by the right side, select News Feed Preferences.
Click on Prioritize who to see first and select all which includes pages, groups, and friends. Reload or refresh your page.