Sharing of data service is an option in almost all mobile network providers and MTN is not left out. Please before you continue reading, this article is for MTN users in South Africa. Before you send data to someone, make sure you already have a data subscription running on your phone. This data transfer option works by taking a part of the data you have to the recipient you are sending it to. Let’s take you through the steps in actualizing this.
How to transfer data in MTN South Africa
This service is known as Me2u, and it’s simple to actualize.
- To start off with this service, dial *136*5#
- From the list of options, select Managing Data Bundles
- A code will be sent to you which is usually 0000, this is your default password whenever you wish to transfer data to someone. It is important to avoid people from stealing your data. You can change it later while sharing data.
Now that you have your password, let’s begin the official process, remember to buy data first like I told you earlier, dial 1362*163#, to purchase a data bundle.
- Now that you already have a data bundle, dial *131*7#
- From the list of options, select Transfer from Data Balance
- Key in the recipient’s phone number
- Enter the amount of data you wish to transfer from the options
- Finally, confirm the transfer by typing 1.
- You will receive a text of the data that was removed from yours, your recipient will also receive a text of the amount of data he/she has received.