If you make use of Assurance Wireless and want to cancel your account, this article is for you. The government subsidizes this service to enable low-income earners who qualify for a free phone, free monthly data, unlimited texting, and free monthly minutes. Everyone would be happy to enjoy this service, but there are some reasons that would prompt you to cancel. Let’s go through them;
- You’re no longer qualified for the Lifeline/ACP program.
- You are relocating to a place where the services are not offered.
- Another reason you might want to cancel this service is that you wish to switch to another provider that offers better discounts.
Here are some important factors you need to know before canceling your Assurance Wireless account
- You need to make a decision about your phone number, if you wish to keep it or forget about it. If you wish to keep it, then inform the service provider about it.
- Pay any debt you owe Assurance Wireless before cancellation.
- Find another better mobile network service provider before saying goodbye to Assurance Wireless.
How to cancel my Assurance Wireless account
Now that you have made up your mind, let’s show you the way and the process to achieve your aim.
Through your Online account:
Using this method is simple;
- click on this link; myaccount.assurancewireless.com/my-account/login
- enter your phone number and confirm it
- Once signed in, click Next, and follow the guidelines on your screen to cancel your Assurance Wireless account.
Through your Phone:
This is the simplest method in our list;
- Contact the company’s customer support service at 1-888-321-5880
- Speak with a customer care representative
- Ask the customer care agent to terminate or cancel your account.
Cancellation by Assurance Wireless
You might not be aware of this, but the company can also terminate your account if the following occurs;
- If you are no longer eligible for ACP.
- If you have gone offline for a long period of time(45 days at least).
- If there’s a case of fraudulent activity with your account.
- If your phone has been reported stolen.