You can send money in Facebook with just a few steps. I know you might not be aware of this but it’s real and working perfectly. Messenger is a nice app for sending messages, sharing files and organizing group events but this feature we are talking about here has been hidden to people.
You might be wondering why are my reading about how to send money in Facebook, well it’s convenient, fast and reliable. Secondly, if you do make use of Facebook so much, then you can consider making use of this feature.
Things to be aware of before using this feature
- You must be friends with who you want to send money to or receive from.
- Not all locations are supported, countries that it’s available to are; U.S., France, and the United Kingdom.
- You must fund your payment with your bank-issued debit card. Other methods include; credit card or Facebook gift card.
- No additional charges are included, it’s free whether you are receiving or sending out.
- Age limit is also involved, you must be 18 years and above.
How to send money in Facebook
We have reached the main topic of the day and we will explain the steps involved in the simplest form. Making a payment on Facebook will be explained below;
Open your Messenger app
Once you are logged in to your app, start a conversation with the person you want to send the money to. Look for the “$” icon above your keyboard, tap it, then enter the amount of money you want to send. When you are done tap the “Pay” option and you are good to go. If you can’t see the icon then look for the plus option tap on it to list the hidden options. This same procedure extends to those using a desktop to access Facebook.
Making a first-time payment
Remember when you want to make a first-time payment there are some information you need to provide. It’s not really a difficult task, you can check Facebook Payment settings. When filing your debit card information also remember to set up a personal identification number (PIN). This helps prevent others from accessing your messenger personal payment system.