This post is for those that their account was hacked or those that their friend’s account was hacked. If you fall into any of this category you don’t have to panic. All you have to do is to report the situation to Facebook to handle the issue but you need to know the right channel to do so. The question is how do you know your Facebook account has been hacked? read the following below to know.
Signs your Facebook account has been hacked
- Seeing posts you didn’t make, messages you didn’t write, friend requests you didn’t send or profile changes you didn’t make.
- You get an email with instructions on how to reset your Facebook password when you didn’t try to reset your password.
If any of this occurs in your account just know it has been hacked. Follow the instructions below to let Facebook know about it.
How to report a hacked account on Facebook
- Visit facebook.com/hacked and follow the instructions to report a hacked account to Facebook.
- If someone is impersonating you or your friend by opening another account and you want to report it, follow the steps below;
a. Visit the Profile you want to report.
b. Click on the three dots in the cover photo section.
c. Click on Report Profile.
d. Follow the instructions to complete the process.
- If you don’t have any Facebook account and someone is impersonating you or a friend, then fill this form to report the account.