A subscriber may be deactivated due to depleted funds on a prepaid account or a delinquent payment on a monthly account resulting from non-use. To reactivate your SIM card, it may take a few hours to a day to get your SIM card back and running.
Follow the steps below to reactivate your SIM card:
- Remove the SIM card from the handset.
- Write out the numbers printed on the SIM card and the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number printed on the sticker under the battery of your phone.
- Contact Cell C wireless provider to to bring your account up to date and activate your SIM card. They may send out a new SIM card to go along with your new account.
- Give the IMEI number and SIM card number to your customer service agent.
- After this, put the SIM card back into your phone and replace the battery and cover.
- Charge your battery and then switch your phone on.
Alternatively, you can purchase a new Cell C starter pack but do not RICA, from participating outlets and follow these easy steps:
- Self-Service IVR > Dial 084135 from a landline or any other cellphone (You need to have an active Self-Service PIN); option 1 for “Manage”; “SIM Swop”.
- Go to any Cell C store and request a SIM Swop.
- Dial 084135 OR 135 & option 9 to speak to an agent.
- Wait for at least 2 hours before inserting the new SIM card into your cellphone.