How to port from Vodacom to MTN in South Africa
17th June 2021
To port from one sim company to another has become a popular thing. You may find yourself in a situation where you are not getting your desired services from your network provider and then decide to port to another network. Here is a detailed guideline on how to port from Vodacom to MTN in South Africa.
Read: How to port from Cell C to Vodacom
How to Port from Vodacom to MTN
- Purchase an MTN SIM Card (You can buy it at any retail stores, or MTN Stores).
- Ensure you RICA your SIM Card first but do not insert it into your phone yet.
- From the Vodacom Sim card, SMS ‘PORTME#( 10-digit MTN SIM number)’ – The 10-digit MTN SIM number is found on the SIM Pack, thus your SMS should look as such: ’PORTME#0000000000’ and Send the text to 083 767 8287.
- Wait for the confirmation SMS, informing you of the request being processed.
- Now that you have received confirmation, wait a day before you can insert your new MTN SIM.
- Insert the card the following day and select ‘New Number’ to activate your new SIM if prompted.