We often find ourselves in a situation where you have a crush on someone and they do not know how you feel. It is also true you want them to feel the same way about you, but you hardly know how to go about it. Well, there are a few things you can do to try to get their attention.
How to get your crush to like you
- First, try being friends with them especially when your crush doesn’t even know you. Focus on being the best friend to be available when they’re in need of a listening ear, a playmate, and support. Let your crush be free with you so they can open up to you about their bad experiences, an exciting achievement, or whatever is on their mind.
- You need to discover their interests and passions. Don’t be a boring company, finding out what types of things they love will give you something to talk about with them, and you might even find a common interest that you both share. Ask questions about their interests and life. This is one of the best ways to show someone you’re interested in them while establishing a strong connection. Asking them about their family, pets, hobbies, or any other topic that helps you get to know them shows that you’re engaged and interested in their life. This will also trigger their interest in you and will likely make them to ask questions about your life in return.
- Be a good listener. Pay attention when your crush is talking to you by looking at him/her and avoiding interrupting them. Try to remember things they’ve told you to show that you truly do listen and want to hear more of what they have to say. At this point, making eye contact and nodding appropriately when they’re speaking to you is a warm and welcoming gesture. It is also important to give thoughtful responses.
- Devote your time to your crush. Let your crush know that they can count on having you around. The more time you spend with them is likely to spark up an attraction to you. Hang out with your crush as much as possible, whether it’s in a large group, with just a few other friends, or alone. Try doing different activities when you’re with each other, like going to the theater, hanging out in a park with friends, or even just sitting together at lunch/dinner/breakfast.
- Be Your Best: Getting your crush to like you does not just mean working on your crush alone. You also need to work on yourself to be attractive. For instance, you need to take your hygiene seriously. You wouldn’t want to rub off on your crush that you are dirty. Keep your body clean by washing your face daily and lathering with soap, dress to kill, and wear a charming deodorant/perfume. When you take care of your body, you’ll look and feel more attractive.
- You also need to show them your playful and fun side. If your crush sees you having a good time, they’ll be more likely to want to spend time with you so they have fun too. Try telling your crush funny stories about yourself or any other topic. Just don’t be boring. Consider being playful and flirty by giving your crush a gentle shove or tap. Even when you are not around your crush, send warming text messages to make their day.
- Be a Puzzle. Do not tell your crush everything about you at once, instead try to take it slow and let them figure out the rest of the puzzle in you. Constantly talking about yourself is going to overwhelm your crush. Instead, space out the information you tell them, making them want to hear more about you.
- Be yourself. Being your true self will give off more confidence and energy than you would if you were faking it, making it more likely for your crush to be attracted to you. Stay true to yourself and don’t worry if your crush doesn’t realize how great you are. Share your passions with your crush to show them what you’re interested in and find out whether you have any common interests. Also, smile more often when you’re around your crush, even if you’re not directly talking to them. It will make you look and feel naturally happier. If you’re texting your crush or using social media, try sending them a smiley face symbol or emoji.
- Send the right signals when you’re talking to them. The kind of signals you send shows that you’re interested in what they’re saying or doing. Whether you’re sitting across from them at a table or standing a few feet from one another, try to lean towards them a couple of inches to show that you’re engaged. Pointing your body towards someone is a signal that you’re attracted to them.
Pay attention to your posture. You’ll look more attractive and confident if you have great posture. You wouldn’t want to send the wrong signal with the wrong posture.