To choose the perfect hair dye that is right for you, there are certain factors that you must consider before taking that step. Here are a few things to consider when choosing the right hair color dye to use.
Steps to Consider in Choosing The Right Hair Color Dyes
- Skin Color/Complexion: You need to choose a shade from the hair color chart that will neutralize your undertone. So, if you are cool-toned, you need to find the warm-toned shade of your chosen hair color. If you are neutral, you can choose any hair color since both cool-toned and warm-toned shades will look great on you.
- Age: Consider your age when choosing the right color dye for your hair. Note that as you get older, lighter and more intense colors aren’t quite as flattering and soft, darker colors become a better choice. Make sure to pick a color that looks soft instead of harsh on your face.
- Hair Style: Decide if you want to get a haircut first before the color dye. This is very economical as you will save money because less dye will be needed to color your hair. Cutting before coloring will also allow you to see the effects of your new hair color on your new haircut.
- Work/School Environment: You also need to consider rules at your place of work or school as you think of new color possibilities. Some environments will not appreciate bright colored hair dye.
- Impact: Take the impact of different colors into consideration. There are a lot of different things you can do with your hair, and each have a different effect on your appearance. For example, dark colors will make your hair feel thicker and heavier while light shades emphasize textures and layers and will make your hair feel less heavy. Make sure to think about the effect that different colors may have on the haircut you want.
- Feeling: This is the most important factor to consider. Pick a color that feels right,comfortable and confident in the way you look. Hair color can have a major impact on whether or not you feel like “yourself,” so it’s important you choose what you like and don’t let anyone talk you out of going for it.
These points will act as a guide to help you make a wiser choice of hair color dye that is best suitable for you.