How do i host a watch party
2nd May 2020
At the end of this post, you should be able to host a watch party on Facebook. For the sake of those that don’t know what watch party means, it is a feature for Facebook groups that allows admins to hold a live screening of pre-recorded videos that are publicly available on Facebook.
The members of the group will be able to watch and comment on the videos at the same time to create a shared viewing experience. Today, you can now host a Watch party on your timeline. Many people don’t know how this works, follow the guidelines below to learn how to do this.
How do I host a watch party
- Go to your timeline and click on the space where you type your status updates you can also find it on top of your newsfeed. then look for the Watch Party and click on it. You might not find this if you’re making use of the classic Facebook.
- To switch to the New Facebook, click on the downward arrow at the top right and select Switch to New Facebook.
- Now click on the create status update space and click on the three dots at the bottom right.
- Click on Watch Party.
- Search for a video or click a category (example: For You, Watched, Live) to view additional videos.
- Click Add to Queue next to any videos you’d like to add to your watch party, then click Done.
- You can choose to add a description for your watch party, then click Post. You’ll see a message that says “Your Watch Party Is About To Begin.” Once you’re in the watch party you can add friends to watch with you.
Note: Its the same way in your Facebook mobile app.
Read: How to see people who shared your post on Facebook