We all get tired of things at times, from getting bored with the messenger beeps, status updates from friends you don’t to see again to some insecurity challenges you might be facing. Whatever might be the reason, I guess you want to call it a quit to your Facebook account.
We are here to show you how to delete Facebook account permanently, also we will try as much as possible to show you the difference between deactivating your account, and deleting it permanently. Social media has caused a lot for some people to the extent of some are even addicted to it which might be a big motivation to saying goodbye to it.
How to deactivate your Facebook Account
This method doesn’t entirely remove your account, here are things that will occur when you deactivate your account.
- People who search for you won’t be able to see your profile.
- Your account information remains saved
- You will be able to reactivate it whenever you want.
Here are the steps to do this;
- Take a look at the top right side of your Facebook page and click on the down arrow.
- Select Settings from the list of options.
- Click on General.
- Select Manage your account.
- Click on Deactivate your account then follow the rest of the instruction to confirm.
To reactivate your account, simply login to your account again.
How to permanently delete your Facebook Account
Deleting your Facebook account permanently is something you need to be careful of. You need to think it through because once it’s done it can’t be reversed. This is what happens when you delete your account;
- Your data stored in the backup system takes up to 90 days before it’s finally deleted.
- Facebook delays the deletion for some days after the user makes a request. To cancel the request, kindly login.
- You won’t have access to your account again after it’s deleted.
Here are the steps to delete your Facebook account permanently
- Click on the down arrow on the upper right side of your screen.
- Select settings
- Select Manage account
- Click on Request account deletion
- Follow the rest of the instructions.