Porting is cool if the other network you wish to port to has all the features you wish for in a mobile network provider. Cell C and MTN are among the leading telecommunication companies in South Africa but we are here to show you how to move from Cell C to MTN and still maintain your mobile number without much stress. Follow our below guidelines and learn how it’s done with ease.
How to port from Cell C to MTN
- Since you’re moving MTN we will focus more on them in these steps. You need to buy an MTN sim first.
- Register (RICA) the new sim you bought. Make sure you with your ID and proof of residence.
- Once you’re done with the two above steps, don’t insert your new MTN sim yet.
- It’s time to make use of your Cell C sim, use it to send this SMS ‘PORTME#(10-digit MTN SIM number)’ to 083 767 8287. It will look like something like this; ‘PORTME#0000000000’.
- A confirmation SMS will be sent to your Cell C number that your request is being processed.
- You can insert your new MTN sim the next day.
Note: This is a very simple process, and you won’t spend anything apart from the sim card you bought.