This article will teach you how to apply for Sassa unemployment grant. Sassa means South Africa Social Security Agency, they distribute social grants from the government on behalf of the Department of Social Development. This agency has helped many people in the country and you can be part of it too as we walk you through on how you can be a beneficiary. There is no grant for unemployed people but it was brought up because of the coronavirus (Covid19) pandemic. The beneficiaries will be paid R350 per month for 6 months who are currently unemployed.
Things needed for the application
- Proof of Residential Address
- Your Gender and Disability status
- Phone number
- Your Name and Surname as it appears on your ID
- Department of Home Affairs Refugee permit number
Applicants must possess the following status
- The applicant should not be receiving any income.
- Should not be a resident in a government-funded or subsidized institution.
- Should be above 18.
- Must be unemployed.
- Must be a resident within the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
- Must be a citizen of South Africa, Permanent Residents, or Refugees registered with Home Affairs.
How to apply for Sassa unemployment grant
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553. You can also Whatsapp 0600 123 456 and select SASSA.
- USSD: *134*7737#.