This is an important feature in Facebook. If you happen to be the busy type, then it’s important to turn your Facebook messenger status offline to enable you to reply the chats later. People tend to get offended when they see you online and then chat you up only to feel ignored because you are not responding.
They are right though because the online status is used for letting people know that you are online. The messenger is designed in such a way that you see the list of all your friend’s online and it also have the video chat feature.
How to appear offline in Facebook messenger
The procedure to achieve this isn’t all that clear and that’s why am going to explain this in a very simple way for you to understand.
To appear offline in Facebook Messenger for Android users, follow the steps below;
- Open your Facebook Messenger app and log in.
- Click on your Profile Picture in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Active Status.
- You will see the option Show When you’re active option.
- You can set to either appear online or offline.
Note: If you set it to offline you won’t be able to see when your friends too are online or recently active.
To change your status for iPhone follow the procedures below;
- Open your Facebook Messenger app.
- Select address book
- Tap on Active tab
- You can toggle the switch to appear online or offline.